Do you own a restaurant, take away, fast food place or cafe? Then mobile ordering is going to change your world. Really. It’s not about the food. In a world where there is more competition, and more people are searching for information online, the more equipped you need to be to satisfy your mobile customers.
People who are looking to buy from you will be doing Google searches from their phones to find out where you are, what time you are open, what your menu is and if possible to order before arriving at your premises. Are you set up for this? Is your website responsive? Do you have an app that will allow people to order from their phone?
Mobile Use Is On The Rise
One study found that mobile usage is exploding. Businesses can’t afford to ignore this fact any longer. The findings include:
- Over 20% of Google searches are performed on a mobile device
- In the last two years, more than half of local searches were performed on a mobile device
- 61% of people have a better opinion of brands when they offer a good mobile experience
- 25.85% of all emails are opened on mobile phones, and 10.16% are opened on tablets
- If your site is not easy to use, 61% chance they will leave immediately and go to another website.
Mobile Is Good, But You Need Speed
A speedy website is key. Users will leave your site if it loads slowly. Google recommends the content above the fold on a mobile device loads in under one second and the entire page loads in under two seconds. This is not possible when users try to load a desktop site on their mobile device. Check the link above to test to see if your website is mobile optimised.
Recently Business Insider wrote an article which gives more depth to the discussion on why you need to think mobile before desktop, and ease of use for your mobile customers over anything else. Fast Food is not about to be revolutionised by food, but rather than by smartphone technology.