What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
Search Engine Optimization is the practice of promoting and improving a website in order to achieve higher rankings in search engines. SEO is not just about keywords or key phrases, but the way other sites link to your website, being search engine and Google” friendly”, through the use of Social Media and most importantly, being unique and marketing this aspect of you and your site. Making your site look better and are structured in a way search engines understand is also a key factor.
SEO is constantly evolving and changing. Some of the key elements to consider are:
- Having unique, quality content on your site
- Redirecting requests from a non-preferred domain because search engines consider URLs with and without “www” as two different websites.
- Don’t use underscores (these_are_underscores) in your URLs. While Google treats hyphens (these-are-hyphens) as word separators, it does not treat underscores as word separators
- Functionality and ease of use of your site and how quickly the site loads
- Relevancy and quality of tags, headings and titles
- Consistency in adding relevant content and key words phrases
- Quality of the sites you are looking to connect (back link) to
- Engagement of your target user through Social Media Channels
- Authorship, how you show up online, the uniqueness/originality of your content, and the reach you have Online
Search Engine Optimization is generally recommended for a business and their site to subscribe to. As SEO helps move your site up the Search Engine Results, towards that all important top three position.
Some of our Search Engine Optimisation services include:
- Details Keyword Research
- Website Health Check (to determine what SEO is currently being implemented)
- Professional Package – which targets 3 keywords
- Dominate Package – which targets 5 keywords
- Content Packages
- Press Releases
- On and Off Page Promotion
- Meta Tag Generation
Please call or email for a custom quote for your specific business needs.