We can’t get enough of our smartphones!
Do you have a mobile friendly website? Do you even know what this means? Well the good news is that we do and we want to let you know about them too!
Most of us compulsively check our mobile phones countless times a day, then stash them by our bedsides at night. We’re are 100% hooked on them because they make our lives easier.
Fortunately for businesses large and small, smartphones also make it easier for people to surf the net, research and make purchases. And that very (and very lucrative) mobile purchasing power is precisely why it’s critical for your company website to look great and work smoothly on smartphones — and on tablets, too.
At this point, most people would agree that having a mobile friendly website is a basic requirement for any online brand:
57% of users won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site, and
40% have turned to a competitor’s site after a bad mobile experience.
If you’re just starting to think about it, you’re falling behind. And you don’t need me to convince you.
By the year 2017, it is predicted that 85% of the world’s population will have 3G coverage.
Mobile data in the year 2012 was 12x the size of the entire internet in the year 2000 . In other words, it grew by 1200%. And by the year 2018 it is expected to grow 12x again …meaning the rate of growth is now twice as fast as when we started (12x growth in 6 years instead of 12).
What all of this means is that we’re becoming more connected than ever. And mobile is now a channel which can empower you to reach people you can’t reach any other way, as the number of mobile users worldwide is set to overtake the number of desktop users in 2014.
We are increasingly living in a multiscreen, device-agnostic world.
And this means that “mobile” can’t just be an add-on anymore. I think “there’s no such thing as mobile for the user.“
Mobile is not a separate channel; it’s a technology. So although at this point there’s “no such thing as mobile” for the user, don’t be fooled: Making it easy for users is really hard. We can’t be lazy.
A mobile-friendly site can help your business connect with customers and drive conversions
- By the end of 2014 more people will use their mobile phones than PC’s to get online
- Mobile searches have grown by 4x since 2010
- There will be one mobile device for every person on earth by 2015
Users expect their mobile experience to be as good as their desktop experience
- 60% of users expect a mobile site to load in 3 seconds or less
- 71% of users expect a mobile site to load as fast as a desktop site
- 78% of users will retry a site two times or less if it does not load initially
Customers are connecting with the businesses in their local area on mobile
- 95% of smartphone users have searched for mobile information
- 61% of users call a business after searching and 59% visit the location
- 90% of these people act within 24 hours
A bad mobile experience can cost you customers
- 57% would not recommend a business with a bad mobile site
- 40% have turned to competitor sites after a bad mobile experience
- 23% of adults have cursed at their phone when a site doesn’t work