Blog - Page 2 of 8 - The Small Business Geeks

Blog

Our Latest News

Types of mobile websites: Responsive vs Dedicated

Having a mobile website solution is not really an option any more. It is a requirement.  Think about it.  Do you have a smartphone?  Does your customer have a smartphone? Predictions suggest that by the end of 2014, there will be more smartphone than desktop users. That is THIS YEAR! But not all mobile websites […]

Read More
If you build it they will come

Build it and they will come. This is not the motto for your website

Recently I had a client ring me the day after we launched her website.  She rang to tell me that after all that hard work we had put into building the site, adding beautiful images, and setting up her store to buy her fabulous products, no one had bought a single thing. She was devastated. […]

Read More

We have successfully helped clients:

Here are a few of the things we have done for our clients:

Read More

Guest Contributors

We are pleased to announce that we are going to share some online/digital marketing expertise from experts in various fields.  They are going to share their knowledge about branding, marketing, design, technology, SEO, publishing, and other topics around getting online in the digital world. We decided that we wanted to share some knowledge with you […]

Read More

An awesome video

I must say, it had me at “play”.

Read More

Mobile browser usage share hits 20% for the first time

For the first time in history, mobile browser usage share hit 20% for the first time.  Meaning that 20% of all browser usage came from mobile devices.  The remaining 80% comes from desktop computers. Usage share gains for mobile have come at the expense of what StatCounter defines as “desktop,” a category that includes both […]

Read More
QR Code Stamps

Australia Post uses QR code stamps to send video messages

In 2013, we need to embrace new and emerging technologies.  Well it seems that Australia Post is using something that I have never personally seen before!  QR Code Stamps seem to be the “it” technology to use this Christmas. QR Codes to send a Christmas video message!  Love the concept. Rather than simply using a […]

Read More

Want to know how to use LinkedIn a little better?

For a lot of us, LinkedIn is one of those thing we know we should have and use, but we don’t have the time to do so.  We are too busy doing what we do best – running our businesses. LinkedIn is the best tool for Business to Business companies.   So here are 4 […]

Read More

eDM – the new frontier of email marketing

Wikipedia says “Email marketing is directly marketing a commercial message to a group of people using Email. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing. It usually involves using email to send ads, request business, or solicit sales or donations, and is meant to build loyalty, trust, […]

Read More
mobile marketing

Mobile pushes internet marketing to be bigger and faster

Smartphones are part of everyday life for the majority of Americans. According to the latest data from the Pew Research Center, six out of every 10 people own internet-ready mobile devices and 21 percent of U.S. consumers primarily access the web with their cell phones. Many marketers are well aware of this development … Read more

Read More
Tradies embrace technology

Tradies get into technology

Gone are the days when tradies need to do all their paperwork back at home at the end of the day.  These days with the increasing use of smartphones, tablets and technology, less time is spent on bookwork, and more on quoting or getting jobs done on time, with time to spare for family and […]

Read More

SMB’s increase their reliance on social and mobile

Local businesses are increasingly embracing mobile and social platforms to improve operational efficiencies and marketing efforts, according to the latest findings from BIA/Kelsey’s “Local Commerce Monitor,” its ongoing study of the advertising behaviors of SMBs.

Read More